Self-worth isn’t determined by a number on a scale. The “perfect weight” is when you can live life to the fullest.
Many of my sessions lately focus on changing the perspective on how you view the scale vs how the scale views you. Health is not about how you look, it’s about how you feel.
Don’t let the scale bully you.
If you aren’t ready to get rid of the scale, it may be a good idea to change how you perceive it. Try covering the entire scale with positive affirmation notes. Write things like:
- I am (name). I feel beautiful today.
- I am revamping my life and feel empowered in my mind and body.
- The foods I eat nourish my body and fuel my energy.
- My body is capable of doing amazing things.
- I take care of myself from the inside out.
Instead of the scale telling you if you made progress, evaluate how you feel from the inside out. Are you more energized? Are you sleeping better? Are you satisfied with the food on your plate? Are you happy with the forms of movement you participate in?
You are worth more than a number.