The digestive system provides nutrients to every cell of the body for structure and function. Proper digestion is the core to Nutritional Therapy.
If you experience digestive issues and are searching for supportive foods to eat, you found a great resource. However, it is always best to address the root cause of your digestive issues before these nourishing foods can work their magic.
Therapeutic foods you can incorporate into your daily diet to support digestion:
- Lemon Water– Stimulates acid production. Lemons have an alkaline ash because they are so mineral-rich, but the juice itself is acidic. Drink warm or room temperature.
- Pineapple– Contains bromelain: proteolytic, anti-inflammatory enzyme. Useful in small intestine and pancreas dysfunction.
- Bone Broth– Soothes the digestive tract and supports the gut lining.
- Beets– High levels of folate and manganese support gallbladder function.
- Fennel– Excellent source of vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and trace minerals. Fennel can help reduce abdominal pain and discomfort, relieve gas, and can promote appetite.
If you suspect you have digestive dysfunction, contact me for a free consultation if you’re tired of experiencing things like, acid reflux, bloating, gas, cramping, constipation, diarrhea, etc.