Anthony, Sonny, and I look forward to shopping at our local farmers market every Wednesday. This weekly tradition gives us unique ideas for meal creations and a chance to sample many different food vendors. We connect with small businesses, ask questions about our food, get a closer look into our community, and enjoy a summer morning out. All our neighbors love seeing Sonny too!
Here’s our farmers market staples:
- Local, Organic “Jersey Fresh” Produce- inexpensive and always newly harvested. The nectarines are amazing!
- High Mountain Foods- choose anything from breads, raviolis, baked goods, pickles and olives, meat & seafood! We like to try all kinds of raviolis when we’re hosting dinner for friends/family. They also have homemade sauces to pair with your choice of ravioli!
- D’Agostino’s Farm- the most delicious and crisp spring mix!
- Cream Ridge Winery- we became great friends with Cream Ridges finest employee, Jerry! Everyone seems to gather around his table at once! He has all the good vibes and distinct wines! Bring a shot glass with you to sample different kinds and get to know your neighbors better.
- So Good Guacamole- need I say more? Our lunch one day was a mountain of guac, wine from Jerry, and horseradish pickles from the ravioli girls! We were living.
If you live in the Toms River area, check out Huddy Park on Wednesday’s from 11am-4pm to meet all the great vendors!