Our energy levels throughout the day and sleep quality are directly linked to our eating behaviors. Excessive caffeine consumption and a diet lacking essential nutrients affect our sleep quality. Include these foods to rest easier at night. 😴
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Diets rich in omega-3 fatty acids help release and regulate the production of melatonin.
- Salmon, tuna, walnuts, almonds, flax/hemp seeds, Brussels sprouts, avocado.
- Herbs: Herbs have specific properties that can promote relaxation, decrease anxiety, and induce sleep.
- Herbs like chamomile, lavender, passionflower, and lemon balm are great choices for a restful night of sleep!
- Misc: A whole food- nutrient dense diet targets can improve sleep quality overall.
- Include food items like organ meats, white rice, bananas, tart cherries, and kiwi.
Were you surprised by any of these sleep-promoting food items? It’s amazing what food could do! Sleep can further improve by enhancing lifestyle behaviors, as well. Eat well, sleep well!