Throughout the day we tend to build up stress in the body. Do you ever notice your neck feeling sore? Hips tights? Shoulders high? These are some physical symptoms of stress forming in the body. It’s inevitable that we all face stressful days, but there are ways we can calm our nervous system down when these physical symptoms arise. Releasing tension can be extremely beneficial for minimizing anxiety, staying present, and responding to other situations more mindfully.
Follow these steps:
- Relax shoulders down. Bring your shoulders down to baseline.
- Unclench your jaw. Remove your tongue from the roof of your mouth, unclench your teeth.
- Soften your brow bone point of your forehead.
- Draw small circles with your nose to roll your neck around. One way and then the other.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose. Hold for 5 seconds.
- Exhale through the mouth letting out a sigh of relief.
- Shake out your hands, wrists, feet, ankles to move the stress around.
- Repeat from the top.