My mom was diagnosed with celiac about 10 years ago. Over the years, she has found the best gluten free products and some of the worst. At the beginning of her diagnosis, gluten free products were sparse to find. She had to search high and low for the replacements she wanted to make. As the years went on and the diagnosis became more prevalent or individuals were just choosing to eat gluten free, the shelves started filling up and purchasing gluten free products became more available.
Let’s start off by saying, gluten free packaged products are not always the healthier option. If you’ve worked with me, you know I always encourage my clients to read the ingredients on a package and try to purchase the products with the most simple and least ingredients. Most gluten free products have a long list of processed ingredients to produce a similar taste and texture as the regular food item.
If you’re gluten free, it’s always best to consumer naturally gluten free items. This would be your proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts/seeds, etc. But, when you need to substitute something in with a product, these would be some of the brands/products I recommend.
Gluten Free Products/Brands I Recommend:
- Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Products
- King Arthur Gluten Free Products
- Simple Mills Gluten Free Products
- Jillians Gluten Free Breadcrumb
- Bionaturae Gluten Free Pasta
- Base Culture Gluten Free Sandwich Bread
- Siete Chips and Wraps
- Primal Kitchen Salad Dressing
- Queen Street Bakery Bagels
- Lundberg Farms Rice Cakes
- Micheles Granola
- Sweet Lorens Cookies
- Heavenly Hunks Oat Bites
- Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Pancake Mix
Eating gluten free isn’t always easy. If you’re struggling, you know where to find me! Let’s talk!