Having trouble falling asleep at night? It’s one of the most frustrating feelings not being able to fall asleep. Over the last few months, I’ve experimented with what types of things help make me fall asleep faster and stay asleep throughout the night. These are some of the things I’ve found to be most helpful.
1. Cool down your bedroom an hour before bed. Turn on the fan and let the cool air fill the room. We sleep more soundly in cooler temperatures.
2. Dim the lights to give your eyes a rest and relax your body.
3. Undo your bed sheets and spray a non-toxic essential oil pillow mist on your pillow and sheets. Lavender has calming effects that can induce sleep.
4. Massage your feet and face. Relieve any tension that you’ve been holding throughout the day. Use a gua-sha tool for your face to aid in lymphatic drainage.
5. Participate in an activity that quiets your mind. This can be drawing, reading, painting, building a set, etc.
6. Mind Platter: if you have trouble turning your mind off at night, write down all the thoughts and emotions into a journal.
7. Recall what you’re grateful for either in your mind or on paper.
8. Recall the days successes and congratulate yourself for them.
9. Tidy up your space. Our external environment can be a reflection of our internal environment.
I hope these tips help you achieve better sleep!