I made this dish with mostly leftovers in my fridge. It takes a little more time if you need to make everything fresh, but it’s one of those recipes that you can do multiple things at once. If you’re a vegetarian and looking for more exciting recipes, I would definitely recommend this one. It gave off Mediterranean vibes to me! Test it out.
1. Begin by setting rice up in a rice cooker. 1 cup of rice, 2 cups water. Let this cook.
2. If you don’t have hummus made, do that now. Here is my recipe.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread olive oil on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
4. Wash and slice your eggplant into circles or half circles (based on preference).
5. Coat the eggplant with seasonings. Add anything else you may like.
5. Place the eggplant on the baking sheet evenly and bake for 15-20 minutes. Flip eggplant halfway through.
6. Once the rice is done cooking, plate it on a flat dish.
7. Slice the avocado, chop the tomatoes.
8. Layer the spinach on top of the rice.
9. Take the eggplant out of the oven. Begin layering a slice of avocado and a slice of eggplant on top of the spinach.
10. Add the hummus and tomatoes alongside the eggplant.
11. After assembling the platter, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze.