The summer is here which means pasta salad season is back! If you’re the person in charge of bringing the pasta salad, make it fun and light. I think the best way to think about it is to add as many colors as you can. The more colors you have, the more nutrient dense it will be. Cook up a quick protein to throw in and you’re golden!
Pasta Salad Ingredients:
1. Wash, dry, and chop all the veggies. Decide if you’ll keep the veggies raw in the salad or quickly sauté them. If you’re adding something like Brussels Sprouts, it may be best to sauté that.
2. If sautéing – Heat a pan with olive oil and minced garlic. Once hot, add your veggies in. Season with your chosen spices. Depending on the veggies you’re using, cook until lightly tender and slightly crisp.
3. Boil water for pasta.
4. Begin making the pasta salad dressing a mason jar. Add all parts and shake vigorously. Taste in advance.
5. Strain the pasta and place in a large bowl. Add your toppings and toss with the dressing.
6. Cover and let the pasta sit in the fridge until it’s ready to be eaten.