Making a delicious marinara sauce is like a rite of passage for many home cooks. Once you know the method, you’ll be able to make it with your eyes closed! Here’s the basics of the recipe. Once you get the gist down, feel free to add other ingredients that’s re unique to you and your family. Enjoy!
1. In a medium sized pot, heat olive oil.
2. Once the olive oil is heated, add in the garlic to sauté for 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
3. Pour the can or jar of tomatoes into the pot. Add in the tomato paste, half of the onion, and spices. Let this cook for 20-25 minutes on a low-medium flame.
4. After the 20 minutes, stir in the basil leaves. Cook for another 5 minutes. If adding the cheese, you can grate some of the cheese into the sauce now.
5. Before serving, discard the onion.