Overnight oats are a great breakfast option for when busy mornings. Be sure to add enough protein into your oats. As we know, a balanced meal contains protein, carbs, and fat. Be sure to follow these guidelines, as some oat recipes are not always balanced. Personally, I like using a scoop of unflavored collagen and a few tablespoons of Greek yogurt to increase the nutrient density of my breakfast. Keep in mind that everyone’s protein requirements differ, so adjust the ingredient ratios according to your nutritional needs.
1. Combine all dry ingredients into a mason jar.
2. Add in your liquid and sweetener. I like doing half water, half milk with maple syrup.
3. Option to add in your other ingredients here! I like adding almonds and berries into the mixture.
4. Put the lid on the jar and shake.
5. Place in the fridge overnight. If the oats seem dry in the morning, add a splash of milk to loosen it all up.
Toppings include, but not limited to:
- Banana slices
- Other fruit of choice
- Nuts/Nut Butter